MTP KIT (Abortion Pill)
An MTP kit consists of five medicines which as follow:
- One dose of Mifepristone (200 mg)
- Four doses of Misoprostol (200 mcg)
- Mifepristone medicine is taken orally.
- Misoprostol medicines can be taken buccally/vaginally.
The Medical Termination of Pregnancy kit (MTP kit) consists of one pill of Mifepristone and four pills of Misoprostol. The kit is used for ending an unplanned pregnancy up to 63 days. The kit is manufactured in agreement with renown healthcare boards of the USA.
The Mifepristone Buy Abortion Pills performs antiprogesterone action to stop the development of pregnancy. The abortion pills facilitate the ejection of pregnancy tissues. The Misoprostol pills initiate ejecting pregnancy tissues from the body. It brings about hormonal actions with prostaglandin constituents.
As per the last menstrual period, the consumption MTP kit is performed based on the gestation of pregnancy. A woman with up to 9 weeks of pregnancy gestation can administer the kit to end her pregnancy.
Dosage and Administration
The dosage of Mifepristone is generally 200 mg. Speak to your healthcare provider to know the exact power of the medicine. You can take this medicine orally with a glass of water.
The consumption of Mifepristone is followed by administering Misoprostol abortion pills. The dosage for the same is four pills of 800 mcg ( each tablet: 200 mcg). Speak to your doctor to know more about the dosage of Misoprostol pills. If you are taking medicines buccally, place them in the cheek pouches for half an hour. If you are consuming pills vaginally, insert them in the vagina.
If you do not bleed within 24 hours, consult your healthcare provider to take an additional dosage of Misoprostol.
The dosage of the MTP kit can contradict in certain conditions. Users are requested to consult their healthcare provider in any of the following cases.
- Hypersensitivity to the components of abortion pills
- Ectopic pregnancy
- Using IUD for pregnancy prevention.
- Diagnosed with porphyria/adrenal failure/asthma problems
Warnings and Precautions
In the absence of specific studies, Mifepristone is not recommended in patients with:
- Renal failure
- Hepatic failure
Also, the patient is requested to follow the precautions given below. Not following them can lead to complications in the pregnancy.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol or nicotine products.
- Do not breastfeed while during or immediately after Misoprostol consumption.
- Do not eat foods with unnecessary fats.
- Do not insert anything in the vagina.